About Coach Jason Strout
Boxing, Kickboxing / Muay Thai Trainer
Jason trained under Jeffrey Ryan “Duke” Roufus at the Duke Roufus Gym in Milwaukee, WI from 1999-2003. During that time he trained in Boxing and Muay Thai, winning a Wisconsin State Boxing Tournament, an ISKA Jr. middleweight title, an IKF Jr. middleweight title, and an IKF regional Muay Thai Champion.
Jason switched his focus to training after his last fight. He moved to NYC in, where two fighters by the name of Chris Romulo and Carlos Zevallos asked if he could help them get ready for the WKA National tournament. Jason had trained fighters in the past while living in Milwaukee when he trained under Duke Roufus. This was his first opportunity to do it on his own.
After training Chris and Carlos, Jason went with them to a two-day tournament in Virgina. At the end of the tournament, both of the fighters Jason had trained won National titles.
From that successful start, Jason went on to become one of the top trainers in New York City. Some of his notable accomplishments are listed below:
• Head coach at New York City’s Church St. Boxing Gym.
• Boxing coach on MTV’s Making the Band IV.
• Trained Dustin “Screech” Diamond for celebrity boxing event.
• Tested new high-tech boxing equipment for HBO.
• Strikeforce open workout with Gina Carano and Cris Cyborg at Madison Square Garden, NYC.
• Featured workout in Time Out NY, “Strout’s Fitness Favorites”.
• Time Out NY 2009’s Top Trainers of NYC.
• Featured in Men’s Fitness: 5 Savagely Hard Boxing Workouts That’ll Get you in Fighting Shape.
• Training fighters and clients for over 15 years.